These transitions produce an animated effect based on a geometrical breakdown of the images.
Transition effects are organized into six categories. Each category groups a set of animation variants (58 in total) according to a geometric arrangement of the screen:
- Cross: cross cut of the screen (following the diagonals)
- Diagonal 1 and Diagonal 2: Splitting the screen into two parts along the diagonals
- Horizontal: dividing the screen into two parts along a horizontal median line
- Quarter: dividing the screen into four rectangles
- Vertical: dividing the screen into two parts along a vertical median line
An example of the use of some transition effects is shown with the video preview below :